The Lone Footballer

Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Frozen Splash

This one is close to me. I wrote it on my first midnight in IIMB.

Trying hard to sleep amidst all the hullabaloo of the f-block faccha introduction session; I started visualizing still photographs of the most animated and elegant motions.
The one that struck in my mind was the image of a drop of water falling into a pool of water and the coming alive of a placid substance. Strange how something as fluid as water can bounce back in such a consistent and regular manner when impacted by its own kind.

I don’t how it occurred to me but I started figuring out how such an image captured on a camera can be sculpted. Sculpted without using the obvious tools of a sculptor. A frozen splash of water hung in space, defying gravity and time. A sculpture created by the interplay of unperceivable physical forces creating the magic of the ‘sufficiently advanced technology’.

Like most of the articles I have written this one has remained incomplete but unlike others I have decided to put this up on the blog. For a special reason. I’ll complete the idea on the night when I leave IIMB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home